Cafferata Elementary is a uniform school. The policy requires all students to be properly dressed upon arriving at school and throughout the instructional day. The ideas and reasons behind the establishment of the Uniform Policy include:
- “Dress for Success” – many schools that have adopted uniforms have seen that students who wear uniforms are more likely to take a serious approach to attending school. At Cafferata Elementary the uniform policy is designed to help focus the students on educational importance of the school day.
- Improving School Spirit – the uniforms are designed to build a sense of unity and pride in being part of Cafferata Elementary.
- Improving Self Image – students no longer have to worry about designer labels and its effect upon their self-image or individuality.
- Reducing Distractions and Discipline – Uniforms provide a clear definition of what students are expected to wear and how it is to be worn. This removes the distractions of inappropriate dress.
Tops / Jackets
Polo / Oxford Shirt – Plain Solid Color (any color) with Collar, long or short sleeved. Shirts must be logo free. All shirts MUST be tucked in at the waist. Plain belts are highly recommended.
Bottoms / Shoes
Uniform (Docker or casual style) shorts, long pants or skorts (mid-thigh or longer) or jumpers (mid-thigh or longer with shorts underneath) in Khaki or Navy Blue. Uniform dresses may be worn. *no lycra, jean material, or spandex.
** PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE OF COLORS FOR THE FY17-18 School Year.
- Hair: Natural colors, no dyed hair of unnatural color (pink, orange, blue, red, etc), no extreme or distracting styles.
- Jewelry: No chokers, dog collars or spikes. No overly large or distracting jewelry. Other items may be excluded by the administration if they are deemed a distraction to the academic school day. No piercing other than ears.
- Headwear: No hats, sweatbands, or bandanas may be worn during the school day with the exception of a hat for sun protection or warmth while outside for PE.
- Temporary tattoos are not permitted: students will be asked to wash off the tattoo
Students who do not comply with the uniform policy will be subject to the following:
Minor Uniform Incident - (dressed, but issues with the way they are wearing the clothes) will be addressed through a tracking of offenses and the following disciplinary action will be taken:
1st & 2nd issue – minor infraction form sent home for signature
3rd issue – child waits in the office until parent brings a change of clothes OR clothes may be borrowed from
school swap shop if available.
4th issue - Major Uniform Incident – parent contact; parents will need to bring change of clothes
Administration will determine the appropriateness of anything worn to school.